Page tree

Header Text

Skip to end of metadata
Go to start of metadata

Discussion items

5minWelcome and IntroductionsFabian Lopez

Presenting the VistA CAC|HIS User Group

10minA CAC | HIS ExperienceAngela LoosliExperience using VistA at Idaho
10minThe purpose of a CAC | HIS User GroupDeanne ClarkLet's discuss how to get the best from this group

The CAC | HIS role

David James HowardSentinel Event Review/Root Cause Analysis
10minBest Practices and advice to new CAC | HISJeanette K. KlementImprove your skills and set the right learning path
15minWrap Up / Q&A Next Meeting announcement


Some tips to consider

  1. Creating your VistA Extension Hub account
    1. If you don’t have an account please sign up here
    2. (it is not needed for the call, but you will need it to ask questions or use some material available)
  2. Presenting VistA Questions
    1. This is a new section of The VistA Extensions Hub and it has a dedicated topic for CAC | HIS
    2. Please see related questions (and if you have time please answer the one related to the User Group)
    3. You can Watch the topic and be alerted every time a new question is posted
  3. Presenting the new Learning Center
    1. We are creating program and courses with certificates based on existing recorded webinars
    2. There is one called HIS Path that is  based on vxJourney Webinars and VeHU Courses
    3. We sequenced existing material so you can improve your learning experience
  4. Finally, the CAC | HIS Workspace
    1. We are listing here other resources available from the VistA Community.

Recorded Meeting


Thanks for visiting this page,

  1. These meetings are informal and we are trying to engage the audience and presenters.
  2. Experts will share their knowledge with just audio and in some cases with screensharing
  3. While they were presenting I was showing how to use our collaboration environment. In some cases what you see on the screen is not directly related to the audio of the presenter.
  4. and finally.... sorry for my voice. I was sick that day (smile) Feeling better now...

See you in the next one, the second User Group Meeting. Register Today!


Fabian Lopez


Recent Questions


  1. 0
  2. 0
  3. 0
  4. 0
  5. 0
  6. 0
  7. 0
  8. 0
  9. 0
  10. 0
  11. 0
  12. 0
  13. 0
  14. 1


  1. Let's start building the agenda for our first call. Please add topics as comments in this page. Thanks!

  2. From Cyndi Shields

    "BIG PLUS item Angela identified is the fact that provider creates PERSONAL templates and she pulls over to SHARED templates.NOT only up to the ONE CAC/HIS"

    1. From Jean M. Snead "I really like what Angela had to say....wonderful words of advice"


    From Peggy Sowinski "Meeting Quarterly sounds great."

    From Elliot Sloane "Meeting Quarterly sounds great."

    From Su-Hsiu Wu "Perhaps quarterly first and bi-monthly later. Thanks for organizing this event!"

    From Jean M. Snead "I think that meeting at least quarterly would be wonderful."


  4. From Elliot Sloane

    "My "pet project" would be to locate/share de-anonomized data sets to load into training instances of VistA. That would facilitate training for user interfaces and, ultimately, for exploring data analytics skills and tools."


    1. We will check with OSEHRA

  5. From Su-Hsiu Wu "Is VA's Scheduling program part of VistA?"